Ok so this is a really bad picture. I don't have a scanner, so I took a picture of this picture. Anyways for the last month I have been working in OB/GYN. It was a lot of hours and I did not think I would survive, but it was a great experience. So this is a picture of me holding one of the babies I delivered. Can you believe they let me deliver a baby! It was so exciting, (don't worry there were two doctors standing right beside me), but I was the one at the foot of the bed coaching the mom on breathing and pushing. I was so nervous I was going to drop the baby, but I didn't and everything turned out fine. Thanks Mike for helping me so much this last month, he was so good to cook, clean, and do the laundry so that when I got home we could spend time togther, what a great husband!
August 3, 2008
Delivery!
Ok so this is a really bad picture. I don't have a scanner, so I took a picture of this picture. Anyways for the last month I have been working in OB/GYN. It was a lot of hours and I did not think I would survive, but it was a great experience. So this is a picture of me holding one of the babies I delivered. Can you believe they let me deliver a baby! It was so exciting, (don't worry there were two doctors standing right beside me), but I was the one at the foot of the bed coaching the mom on breathing and pushing. I was so nervous I was going to drop the baby, but I didn't and everything turned out fine. Thanks Mike for helping me so much this last month, he was so good to cook, clean, and do the laundry so that when I got home we could spend time togther, what a great husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Congrats Kara!! That is awesome. Sounds like your rotations are going well. Hope that you guys are doing well.
That is so amazing to be a part of that! Having a baby is truly a miracle! Wish you were living here!
that is awesome lady! wow, what an amazing feat!
holy crap kara-- i am so impressed! how awesome.... so after really seeing it, are you more or less afraid of childbirth?
How cool!!!!! When I was little I wanted to go into OBGYN. Wish you coulda been at the reunion. Your mom is so freakin' cool...but of course you already know that.
So cool! The delivering a baby thing doesn't freak me out . . . it was the suturing up afterwards that left me a little afraid!
I need to talk to you soon! Let me know when you have a moment!
Holy cow! I am SUPER impressed!
WHOA!!!! That is so neat! What a special experience!
Kara, I'm so proud of you. You are amazing. And way to go Mike. You guys are so good to each other. It will really come in handy when you are able to have your own baby someday. Hooray. I can't wait.
That's SO awesome! I'm seriously so proud of you! :) I think you are amazing! For sure I'm going to miss you!
Kara AND Mike! I finally found you!!! I had this strong feeling tonight to google you guys, hoping you had a blog and it payed off! Kara, I graduated last Friday. I can't wait for you to graduate! It is going to be so great to be in the same profession as you, we can go to conferences together and stuff! Anyway, we are going to hook you guys to our blog and I have GOT to keep in better touch with you guys! I have missed you guys in our life! BTW, we are moving to Alaska next month! (just for 1-3 years max)
Rob got a job with KPMG (an accounting firm) up there. We are going for 1-3 years we think, just long enough to get a transfer or get experience. I don't know where I am going to get a job yet. I need to look when I get up there. I haven't taken boards yet, but I will here sometime in the next two months. I am nervous and excited! I just can't tell you how fun it is that you and I are going to share a career, it is so cool! You are going to be a terrific PA, oh and an even more terrific mom! (And Mike will be an awesome Dad too!)
Way to be!!! That is sweet, congrats Kara!!! BTW your parents are SO proud of you - Jon and I have been over a couple of times the past few weeks and we hear lots about you and Mike..
Wow. You are inspirational. Maybe you can deliver my next baby if one ever comes.
Post a Comment