April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!





Today was a great day! Not only was it 70 degrees with sunshine, but it was my birthday! I turned 25 today. Thank you everyone for making it such a great day. To all my friends at school thank you for remembering me, you are all so sweet and I am going to miss not seeing you everyday, I loved all your cards and yummie treats. Ben and Telia thank you for making me a cake, you are such great friends. Devin, Lynette, Scott, Mandy thank you so much for dinner last night, I loved haning out with you all, (thanks for the scarf Mandy, I love it, I wore it today!) Dad, Mom and Joni you are the best, thank you for the great care package. My family sent me the huge poster in the picture above, it had a ton of funny sayings on it, they also sent me this giant birthday card I am holding in the last picture, it sings "Celebrate good times come on!" The tiara was also sent to me from my family to make me feel like a princess on my special day, haha. Mike, you are the best hubby ever. Mike has a final tomorrow and he still took time to make my day great. We just got back from dinner and he suprised me with tickets to see Wicked in July! I am so excited. Thank you to all my other friends and family who called, sent, emails, and texts, it was so nice of you all to remember me, I am so lucky to have such great people in my life!

17 comments:

RicAnn said...

Kara-
HAPPY FREAKIN 25 BIRTHDAY!!! I am sorry that we have missed you the last 2 nights. Its been crazy busy. But I really hope you had a Spectacular Birthday, because you for sure deserved it :) I'll miss you, let me know if you're ever in UT.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Freebairn Family said...

Happy Birthday! Your hair has gotten so long and looks just beautiful. Glad you had a good birthday - love the blog!

Megan said...

Hey Kara, I stumbled upon your blog - hope you don't mind. It is good to see what you are up to and you look fantastic, as usual! Happy Birthday! I remember swimming at your grandma's gym, eating Subways and an ice cream cake shaped like a soccer ball so many years ago :) Glad you had a great day. Tell your mom happy late BDay as well. I love both of those pics - she looks great! SHe is my peanut m&m loving friend :)

P.S. to your friend who does not believe you looked like a boy, I can attest to it. But you were great with that hair cut, heman underwear (I think your mom told me that one) and saying "cheeser" to everything. Good times!

Megan Overman Dinsdale
www.meganthemotormouth.blogspot.com

Wes & Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Kare Bear. I always used to call you that. You are so beautiful! Sounds like the birthday was a success! You are going to love Wicked. I've seen it 2 times. Where are you seeing it?
Kristy

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Happy Everyday! WOHO~~

Joey

Mandy said...

Kara!
I hope you had a wonderful day! It was so fun having dinner with you! You look awesome in the scarf! You are so photogenic!

Nick, Lynnie, & Cole said...

Happy Birthday Kara! You look like a total babe in the tiara! I'm excited for your Wicked tickets...NIck and I went two summers ago and absolutely LOVED it. We need to get together sometime soon....

Anonymous said...

Kara, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! your hair is soooo long, Zach and I haven't seen you two in forever. We live in your old ward now, wish you guys were here!

Erica said...

happy birthday to you girl! geez, your hair is SO freaking long! it's beautiful!

candice said...

happy b-day kara! we are getting old! It's been a long time since driving around in the jeep in our swimming suits... talking about glade and being vl. You look more beautiful than ever. Your hair is getting so long! We need to find a time to travel to your frozen tundra. Hope things are going well.

Big Daddy said...

Kara!

I too am sorry that I missed your birthday, but you missed mine as well. For the record, it was yesterday and I turned 59. I was looking at Kimberly's blog and came across a link to yours. I was so glad that I found it. I have loved looking at the pictures, listening to the music and learning about what you have been up to. It has been way too long since we have seen your smiling face. Please give us a call sometime. You are one of our all-time favorites! Happy Belated Birthday!

Kate said...

Oh my little Kara, happy 25th!

Abbigail said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kara! Sorry I missed it! I was recuperating at home. I am feeling a lot better now, so lets get together when you have a spare moment from PA school. Seems like ages since I saw you last. miss you!

Carrie said...

Hey Kara!
Happy (very belated) Birthday! You look awesome - I love your hair!! Way cute blog too! Ours is http://ck-hun.blogspot.com if you want to check us out. Hope all is well with you guys! We'll keep checking for updates... :) Oh and how crazy is it that we are both friends with the Healys!!? Such a small world!!
-Carrie & Kenny Hunsaker

Julie M. said...

So sorry I totally missed it!! Happy Belated Birthday! You looked totally cute tonight, BTW, and for sure call me this next week!

Christensen Family said...

Happy belated!! Your hair is so long!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I missed your bday! It sounds like you had a great day though. I'm so jeaouls you get to see wicked! I've been dropping hints to James for my upcoming bday. We miss you guys! By the way you look gorgeous as always and your road trip looked like a blast!